Architectural Project Designer
- Highly creative and design oriented individual who can help our clients visualize their ideas and assist our sales representatives in the process of communicating design ideas.
- Ability to interpret clients wants and needs and show them a solution either via sketch or a Revit model. Bringing the client’s ideas to life.
- Ability to interact with the sales team and the client in a professional manner is very important.
- Assist in the development of architectural designs and program standards
- Analyze building codes, by-laws, space requirements, site requirements and other technical documents and reports
- Prepare working drawings for building permit application, including the coordination of engineered truss & floor designs and structure
- Assist in the development of program specifications, cost estimates, material takeoffs, and contract & bidding documents
- Ensure the highest quality of drawings are produced that maintain and conform to Normerica’s standard detailing, as well as reflect sound building science (air barrier, water management, and structural) and practical construction practices.
- Ability to work in a team environment
Qualifications and Skills Competencies
- Documented creative design experience in low rise, residential, wood construction.
- Documented experience in the design of heavy timber cottages / chalets and country homes
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoDesk Building Design Suite (AutoCAD, Revit), Sketch Up, hsbCAD
- A valid Class G drivers license
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Creative and thoughtful attention to detail
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of construction practices and building/finishing materials
- Strong knowledge of building technology and assembly, construction methodology, materials application and interpretation of manufacturers requirements
- Member of Association of Architectural Technologists
- Member of Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)
- Building Code Identification Number (BCIN) certification in Part 9 – Residential, Small Buildings, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience a residential design environment
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org .