The Dufferin 2822 (Modern)
2,896 sq ft
Material shell package price starting at $554,000 CAD.
Please note: Our material shell package price represents approximately 30% of total construction cost. This pricing is as of April 21, 2023. With the volatility of today’s building materials market, pricing may change.For detailed timber frame home cost and budget considerations, check out Timber Frame Home Construction Costs.
We plant one tree for every 50-board foot of timber used in our houses to support global reforestation. For the Dufferin 2822 (Contemporary), we will plant 305 trees in your name. Learn more about our One Tree Planted initiative.
2822 house plan has been a long-standing and popular member of our design library. With a finished basement, this timber frame house plan offers an impressive 5,000 sq.ft. of living space. With it’s square-like footprint, it’s well suited to a variety of lots and locations. It will suit a country estate lot, a cottage lot, or even a large urban lot. The Dufferin ticks all the boxes: attached 2-car garage, main floor primary suite, main floor office, up to 6 additional bedrooms, cathedral ceilings, and a large expanse of windows to capture the view. Like all of our house plans, The Dufferin 2822 can be customized to meet your needs and style. With some simple changes, the Dufferin can be dressed up with a more traditional feel or made into a more modern house plan with sleeker lines. Pictured here is our modern house plan version of the Dufferin 2822. Some features that lend a modern vibe include: the shed dormers, the wide board and batten siding combined with horizontal wood siding all in the same monochromatic colour scheme, the black windows with simple mullions, and the clean, simple lines of the trusses. More interested in a tradition style? Check our traditional take on The Dufferin 2922.
Please sign in to view all house plans.
Need to register? Start Here
- Approximate footprint: 67'-4" - 71'-7"
- Main floor primary suite
- Main floor office/den
- Main floor laundry/mudroom
- Timber frame combination construction
- Covered entry porch
- Entry to covered porch in the back of the house from dining room area
- Cathedral ceiling great room
- Exterior timber truss detailing
- Shed dormers
- 546 sq.ft. 2-car attached garage
- 449 sq.ft of covered porch
- Optional walkout basement for an addition 1,304 sq.ft. of living area including 2 additional bedrooms and 1 bathroom
- Net Zero and Energy Star ready
- Completely customizable design
- 305 trees will be planted through our One Tree Planted reforestation initiative